Sunday, May 20, 2012

Baby Cakes

Hi Everyone!

I was asked a few months ago to make some cupcakes for a local high school to help with a fundraiser.

Well, I accepted that challenge.  Taking a chance.  Why not?

Well...


 This is how it began.

At the top is vanilla cake with nutella frosting,then chocolate cake with cherry (very cherry) frosting, and red velvet cake with cheese cake frosting with red sprinkles on top.

I started out slow, since I was taking a chance.

Except, after those were done, I wanted to make more.



From the top: chocolate cake (no frosting yet - ended up having choc frosting),
red velvet with cheese cake frosting with red sprinkles (more),
vanilla cake with Oreo pieces and vanilla frosting also with Oreo pieces,
chocolate cake with the very cherry frosting (more),
and vanilla cake with raspberry filling with vanilla (tinted pink with food coloring) frosting.

After bringing them to the school, I was told which sold the best at the end of the night.
 

:::AND THE WINNERS ARE:::

Triple Chocolate, Raspberry Dream, and Nutella!!!

So, since then, I have been making many MANY many cupcakes for such events,
hardly use store brand frosting (learned to make my own), I have never been to any culinary school or adult education class to learn how to do any of this.


See you next time,

Hope 

Happy Baking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment